Week 1 Reflective Journal

In this first week, we learned about the theory of evolution. This topic shows how scientists and researchers came up with hypothesis about the origin of life. I learned that the most important one was from a man named Charles Darwin. He proposed that all species of life have evolved over time from common ancestors through a process he called natural selection.

I watched a video entitled Endless Life Most Beautiful and the video is about Charles Darwin and the process of natural selection. Some new knowledge that I gained from this video are :
  • All living things have to undergo natural selection to ensure the survival of their species.
  •  Some animal features like the long neck of a giraffe resulted from mutation, variation and sexual selection rather from adaptation.
  • The species that can adapt better to their environment will survive.
  • There are 2 types of selection ; natural selection and artificial selection.
Here's the link to the video : Link

- Lamarck's theory has influenced Darwin to come up with the theory.